Your New Family Tradition
Christmas truly is the most magical time of the year! Christmas is a time for making new family traditions as well as celebrating the traditions of old. We'd like to help your family make new traditions that will bring your family closer to each other and give your family meaningful holiday memories.
Christmas Schedule at South Side
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
When: Thursday, Dec. 24 at 7:00pm
Our annual Christmas Eve Candlelight Service serves as a time to reflect and bring simplicity back to those in attendance. We still worship in song and are encouraged from the Bible in teaching, but the highlight of the night comes when we remember why Jesus came to earth – to bring us back into fellowship with God the Father.
There is no child care during this service.
Sunday Morning Worship Service
When: Sundays at 8:45am & 10:30am
On the Sundays leading up to Christmas, our church participates in Advent. Each week, we light another candle of the advent wreath and prepare for Jesus' coming to earth.
There is no childcare during the 8:45am service.
There is childcare through 4yrs of age during the entirety of the service. For those kids ages 4yrs through Kindergarten, there is children's church every 1st, 3rd, & 5th Sunday. They are dismissed before the sermon.
If you cannot join us for our Christmas Eve Candlelight Service or any Sunday Morning Worship Service, you can always join us online. Click the button below to be redirected to our sermon page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your church's covid-19 policies
Our church strives to not put anyone in the congregation as risk for COVID-19. In order to provide a safe worship environment, here is our church's plan:
- Sunday 8:45am Worship Service: High risk service. Masks must be worn during the entirety of the service, including when you're sitting or singing. The pastor and worship team will not be wearing masks on stage but always put them on before leaving the platform.
- Sunday 10:30 Worship Service: Congregants are to wear masks while moving around the facility but may take them off while sitting and singing. There are many who still choose to wear their masks during the entire service, but we leave that decision up to the individual.
- Doors will not be shut in the facility, and doors will be open upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizer stations are positioned all throughout the building.
- High touch areas and children's rooms are cleaned multiple times per service and in between services.
Do I have to believe in god or jesus to come to your church?
No, you do not. We welcome anyone into our services. Although life with God brings ultimate fulfillment, we do not make this a requirement to worship with us on Sundays.
What do I need to wear when I come?
Many people wear street clothes to church, but others wear business casual. No matter what you wear to church, you find others in the congregation dressing in the same way that you are dressing. We just ask that whatever a person does is done in love for their neighbor.
What is your church's music like?
Our church's music includes both traditional songs that have been a part of the church for centuries as well as songs written today. We usually include a full band for our worship services. You can see what our music is like by watching one of the videos below. "How Great You Are" is an acoustic rendition and "To God Be the Glory" is from one of our worship services:
Do I have to give money when I come?
No, you do not. In fact, to help not spread the virus, we don't pass offering plates. We encourage our members to give to what we call "Kingdom Efforts" with blessing each other and the community around us, but we do not ask any guest to give. If you feel led to do such, though, you can click the link below:
What does your church believe?
To view our entire church beliefs, click the button below, but here is a quick summary:
- God: God is the creator and sustainer of all. God has existed eternally. God is one God, but is three distinct persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus: Jesus is God in the flesh. He has existed eternally (Jesus was never created) with the Father and the Holy Spirit, but is distinct. Jesus was born of Mary, lived a perfect life, died on the cross to both pay the penalty for man's sin and provide fellowship with God and man, and rose again to prove that He is, in fact, God.
- The Bible: The Bible was written by various men over many centuries and consist of letters, history, poetry, and the truth of Jesus. Although it is written by men, the Bible is true and inspired by God.
- Salvation: The Bible says that everyone has sinned, and because of sin, every person is separated from God. Mankind was created to have fellowship with God and live with Him forever. To have that relationship with God, each person must believe in their heart and confess with their mouth that Jesus is God and that they need Jesus in order to receive forgiveness for sins. Salvation is by grace through faith.
Questions on Christmas Services
If you have any questions about our church's Christmas Services, please use the contact form below, and one of our staff members will get back with you shortly.