Sunday Morning Children's Ministry
We want you to feel safe and confident with leaving your child with us every Sunday morning during both the Connect Group hour and the Worship Service. Therefore, we have an elaborate, yet simple, check-in system for your child, teachers who have completed a government-certified background check, and clean rooms for you child.
When you first arrive at South Side through the main entrance (under the overhang), you will see the Children Ministry Welcome Center. Those behind the desk will be able to assist you and answer all of your questions.
Here is a quick break-down of SSBC's Children's Ministry:
Sunday Morning Connect Groups: 9:30 a.m.
- Nursery: We want you to worship God without distractions. Let our nursery help!
- Pre-school to Kindergarten: Our goal here at South Side Baptist is to lay a foundation of Bible based truths in the life of every preschooler in a safe and loving environment. Children ages 3-5 enjoy singing songs, coloring, painting, completing other crafts, playing, and reading all while learning about our Savior, Jesus Christ. Pre-school and Kindergarten is located in classroom C102.
- 1st-3rd: Sunday school is a fun time for our early Elementary students. Students learn about Jesus’ love for them through song, crafts, and Bible study. Students meet in classroom C104-105.
- 4th-6th Grades: Our 4th to 6th graders participate in Bible-based lessons to expand upon their Biblical knowledge. Students also learn life lessons of how to witness to their unsaved friends and use the Bible to back up their beliefs in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Students meet in classroom C106.
Sunday Morning Children's Church
- Nursery: See below.
- Pre-school to Kindergarten: After worshipping with the adults in song and offerings, the children are dismissed to Children's Church. Please check your child in before the service begins.
Sunday Night: 5:45–7:30 p.m.
- AWANA: AWANA Clubs are designed for Pre-school aged kids through 6th graders during the school year. Click here to learn more.
Our babies (older than 1) & toddlers receive a snack during each service. Please notify us of any food allergies your child has or if you do not wish your child to have a snack. We do not use any snacks that contain peanuts.
Please label your child’s diaper bag and all of its contents. This helps the nursery workers identify your child's items and ensures your child will get the correct cup and/or diaper.
In order to provide for the ultimate safety of your child while in our care, we have a computerized check-in process for all our children ages 0 to Kindergarten. Please stop by the Children's Welcome Desk to pick up your child and parent tags!
Well Child Policy:
To protect the health of all of our children, we cannot accept children who show signs of illness such as:
- has a green runny nose (clear or cloudy & uncolored nasal drainage is ok)
- has had a fever in the last 24 hours
- has a rash (that is contagious)
- has had diarrhea or vomiting in last 24 hours
- has pinkeye (regardless of stage)
- has any other signs of illness that may be contagious
- If your child is on antibiotics, he/she must have been on the medication for a full 24 hours before being accepted into any class.